Thursday, February 11, 2010

Decisions decisions...

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have Amelia go to the next session of preschool or not. If not, she'll be done the end of March, which would give her 4 months until kindergarten. (It's so weird to me that kids start school the first week of August here. Growing up we always started the Wednesday after Labor day. ) If she does attend the next session of preschool, she'd finish out the year and have her PreK graduation the end of June. The problem is that only leaves us 4 weeks of summer! We're usually in Oregon for that long, and I think she's got a ballet recital the end of July so we couldn't be gone in July unless we miss her recital.

And I have to decide if Anthony is going to start preschool in the fall or not too. He'll be almost three, (his bday is in October) but he'll still have 3 years until he starts school, so that seems like a long time for preschool. But he's already asking to go to school, he wants to stay in Amelia's class every day, we have to pack his backpack every morning too.

I just called the school district to ask a couple of questions, and they were so rude. Don't get mad at me for taking two minutes of your time to ask a question about registering for kindergarten. It's not my fault that your website is awful and has info from 2008 instead of up to date info.

2 comments:

Amanda,, Travis, and Izabel Rainha Felton said...

If he shows that he ready for school yeah sign him up. As for your girl let her have the summer off.

Quad Mom said...

I feel your pain about getting the answers you need. I had the boy's principal tell me to stop being "late" with the boys and I should get their earlier..ummm, lady? They are my THIRD school of the morning, and YOUR carpool line is the worst of all 3, so how about you back the hell off? Yeah...anyway, my vote is to let Mia have time off, and sign up Ant for school in the Fall. :)