Brianna tagged everyone who reads her blog with the 2006 Meme!
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Celebrated my child's first birthday.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I don't do resolutions. If I had one it would be the same as last year, to get more healthy.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister. She lives far away but I was there when it happened. And my friend Stacy. There are lots of pregnant people around now though! 2007 will be a longer list. :-)
4. Did anyone close to you die? My dad. Jeff's friend Travis. My Grandpa Earl. Yup this year sucked.
5. What countries did you visit? Oregon is a seperate country right?? lol It's sure different than the OC. ha ha ha
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Better organization, less stressful stuff.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?I don't really like this one but I guess January 27th, Amelias first birthday and April 9th, the day my dad died.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a stay at home mom and surviving.
9. What was your biggest failure?I don't know.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?I'm sick right now. No inuries that I recall.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I'm not sure. New furniture I guess?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Everything Amelia does gets celebrated.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Britney Spears. Whats up with that chick?
14. Where did most of your money go? housing. Our biggest expenditure every month by far is housing.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Amelia turning one, all my trips to Portland, not having to drag my kid to work anymore
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Dixie Chicks, not ready to make nice.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? about the same. I gotta lose more weight!
c) richer or poorer? I guess poorer. I'm not working. Although our expenditures went down drastically when I quit working ( Who knew cooking meals at home saved so much money lol!!) and i think we're doing better financially now.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spending more time taking Amelia to see my dad.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Not paying attention to what I was eating.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With jeff and Amelia, and my mom, and my sister and brother in law and my nieces.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? With my new niece Lilly. She is the happiest baby I have ever met.
22. How many one-night stands? None.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Grey's Anatomy, Bones, Numb3rs...
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope.
25. What was the best book you read? Your first quilt book (Or it should be!) Great instructional book, even if you already know some sewing quilting.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? IPOD. ( Thanks Jeff!!)
27. What did you want and get? Ipod, dvd burner, new hard drive...
28. What did you want and not get? can't think of anything
29. What was your favorite film of this year?I Don't know, I'm not much of a movie person. Ask Jeff. LOL
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 26 and it was last February. I don't remember what we did. Must not have been much I guess. LOL
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not sure. I had a pretty good year. i guess not losing the people we lost?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Fashion? I am a stay at home mom. Getting out of the house in clean clothes that the kid hasn't smeared food on is my concept! lol
33. What kept you sane?Jeff and Amelia. And my friends. :-)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Not sure.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The banning of gay marriages. I'm bothered that people spend so much time and energy on harassing other people.
36. Who did you miss? My dad.
I don't know who will read this and actually do it,(and hasn't already done it) so I'll tag Sarah and Kathy and Michelle as well as anyone else who reads this blog.